Newborn milk bottle

Hi Mummies, need an opinion. Usually for newborn, what is the size of the bottle that u brought for ur LO? 125ml/150ml, or 240/260ml ?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I bought the Avent 125ml but stopped using after 2 months coz baby’s intake was more than 120ml. The Pigeon 160ml ones are good, can last pretty Long if you feed baby BM. If it’s BM, usually the intake won’t be more than 160ml as the caloric intake of the BM changes as baby grows. But if it’s FM, you would definitely need a bigger 240ml bottle as baby’s intake will increase to past 160ml (the content of FM can’t change to suit baby’s needs, hence the amount has to increase sufficiently).

Read more
Super Mum

Newborns start off with very little.. like 20-30ml per feed initially.. at 2 months, maybe 90-120ml. It’s easier to use the smaller bottle initially, while bearing in mind that you’ll need to buy a bigger bottle later on. However, if you don’t want to keep buying, then just buy the big bottle?

TapFluencer

u can consider start with small bottle 150ml, change to 240ml at 3 or 6months My 5months boy use both 150 & 240ml now 150ml bottle for BM, 240ml bottle for FM He drinks 120ml every 2-3hrs, big bottle is easier for FM preparation

Read more
VIP Member

Start with small bottles to last for a few months first then 240 ml bottles to last until one year and above.

Depends on baby's intake. Using 150ml since birth till now 2 months as she's only taking 90ml now.

VIP Member

I’m using 125ml! Even at 2mo. I think lesser dead space = lesser air? 😅

Using 125ml bottle for my LO till he 3months. He only intake 120ml.

Super Mum

Start with small bottles, after all they will last for months

VIP Member

Still using 125 mL bottles for my 5-month old girl.

VIP Member

Smaller ones...the bottle grows as the baby grows