Spitting out milk

Hi mummies! My lo is turning 1 month in a couple of days and we have since increased his formula intake from 60ml to 90ml. I noticed that my baby has a hard time burping and will sleep when he's thoroughly full,making him not want to burp and that results in spitting up the milk he drank. Is this normal or should i reduce back the formula intake to 60ml? Should i change his formula?(lo is currently on dumex dulac) Mom told me that baby might have colic and we have put on a binder for him. So far he's only spitting up milk if he doesn't burp so i don't think it's colic. Does anyone go through the same with your lo? How do you tackle the burping issue? I usually don't let him lie down till he burps but kinda tiring for me as i have chores to do and i can't complete them if i have to be with my lo all the time. Help please!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks mummies for all yr inputs!! So far, I've tried the interval feeding & burping method and it's working for my lo. I burp him before feed , halfway through feed (usually the first 30ml he will auto stop for burp) and continue feeding him the remaining 60ml and burp him again. 😅😅

My lo is 1 month plus. She drink 110ML and she seldom burp as well. She used to spit out milk very often too. If your lo spit out quite a amount of milk might be overfeeding. Usually after her milk i will carry her up right and try burp her for 20-30mins.

my baby he is taking 90ml too. he is only 2 weeks. he drinks alot.🤦🏼‍♀️ what i usually do is keep changing position. it takes awhile but eventually he will burp. i have no patience sometimes but bo pian.. only my husband is pro at burping him.

VIP Member

Spitting out is normal however if it has other factors, such as fussy baby, arching of back etc. Then u might want to consider a different type. My PD say chaning brand won't help. Its the ingredients inside.

It seen like reflux. My LO previously also like that but when he grow it will get better.