spitting up milk

hi mummies, my baby is turning 6 months in about 2 weeks time. up till date, he is still constantly spitting up milk. he is a fully formula fed baby, and this happens even during my breastfeeding days back then. it does not only happen right after feeding time, but throughout the day. we’ve tried burping him, sitting him up after each feed, and even changed formula twice. still no difference. went to the doctor and was told to reduce his milk volume. done that already and still no changes. initially thought it will go away after the first few months but starting to get worried now.. any advice mummies? should i change formula again?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello , my boy have the same issue since his 2nd month .. 1st pd said to reduce milk intake and let him lie at 45 degree for 5 to 10 mins after milk before burping.. also changed formula to AR .. the vomiting became 20 percent lesser. at his 5th month we went to another PD.. he said bb was ready for solids , once after we introduced he haven been vomiting. Pd also said that the vomiting will gradually go away around 4 to 6months .. hang on there mummy !!

Read more

How about trying goat milk based formula instead? After feeding, let baby rest awhile before burping and try staying in the same position for awhile. You can try the above to see if it’s better for him.

Any chance the teats are too big?