Baby face redness

Hi mummies, my LO have redness on his face. Anyone have remedies? The doctor did prescribe cream for him and the redness does goes away but it will come back when we stop applying the cream. Tyvm ?

Baby face redness
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Looks like eczema dear. If it is, its tricky because you have to find out what causes it. Could be the bodywash, moisturiser, mittens etc. my baby has eczema too. it started off looking like this and it got worsen. Pple ard me at one point said it will go off but it didnt. It got bad and we went to pd to get it treated. Got steroid cream. The redness; flares went away but it made his skin dry and patchy. Now we change his moisturiser, body wash and it got better :)

Read more
VIP Member

Wash her face after every feed and apply moisturising lotion. Change mittens too. My girl had this too, and we were told it was eczema. We followed PD’s instructions to apply Hydrocortisone for a day, one in the morning and one in the evening. And wash and apply lotion after feed. My girl’s skin doesn’t have it ever since.

Read more
VIP Member

Looks like eczema, my LO had it when she had a flared up during the was 5 weeks old. Went to Naaman skin clinic and problem resolved very fast. Ever since recovery, after bather will apply very thinly repair cream (from skin clinic on LO cheek) for maintenance.

Hi mummy, it’s Eczema. My daughter was like this when she was born too. Try to bath baby in rolled oats? I have some other remedies to share with you too for a permanent solution. Can watsapp me at 92330648 for further chat k.

VIP Member

Or it is because of mitten? Sometimes baby play their mitten with their saliva. My girl likes to put her hands with mitten into her mouth and rub her face. Maybe you can clean it with water.

VIP Member

Doc will likely to be prescribing steroids for eczema but cna try to use natural solutions to prevent it for babies

Thank you mummies for your advices! Baby's cheek is much better now 😁

VIP Member

My LO have this issue too. But I just wipe it with warm cloth.

VIP Member

I change the shower gel and also use the right cream.

is better to visit pd....