Few Days Old Baby Keep Crying

Hi all mummies. My LO is just a few days old but always cry and want people to carry. Whenever my husband put her down she will cry (like shouting). After he carry then she stop crying. Anyone have any solutions to this issue? I am afraid this will become a habit.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! It definitely won’t be a habit. It’s just a phase. Don’t worry. I know some other babies are easy babies but my baby did the exact same thing as your LO. Even after being swaddled, she would cry and scream when we put her down especially when she’s not sleepy/ asleep yet. She will only be quiet during her sleep. Once she opens her eyes she would simply cry + scream (her screaming was no joke, I could prolly hear her even if i’m 3 blocks away 😂) and would just want us to carry her throughout the day. I was stressed out at first as I thought it would remain this way and she would always be crying like that but in the end things got way better by the 2nd month / 3rd month. It will definitely be tiring but it’s all worth it. Now my baby (3 months +) is a happy smiley baby who rarely cries unless she’s hungry/ sleepy/ wants attention 😁

Read more

Hi Mummy, I read online across alot different sources that you cant "spoil" a newborn. Please carry her when she cries because she wants to feel close to you and dad. Just carry her until she's in deep sleep then slowly put her back to her bed. I also currently have a newborn at 26days and she does the same thing. So we'll swaddle her alittle tighter and me & my husband takes turn to carry her. sometimes she likes the skin to skin warmth and I'd need to carry her up to 1hr+ before she falls in deep sleep. Your newborn needs you and dad alot now to make her feel secure and loved. But it's just a phase for now, you'll miss it when she rejects you holding her.

Read more
VIP Member

Your baby just needs comfort. Swaddling will make her feel more secure. Have more skin to skin contact if possible. It won’t become a habit as she needs security. Always respond to her crying promptly then she will know that her needs are being met.

Super Mum

It is completely normal. Baby just come to the world and she is still insecure. Just like us, we won't be so comfortable as well when we are in a completely new environment. Just carry her and give her your love.

TapFluencer

try swaddling and put a pillow on the chest with weight like bean sprout husk pillow. have a little small light in the room see if it helps. if you're Taoist or Buddhism will suggest you pray to 床母

VIP Member

Swaddle then put baby down. If cry, wait a few seconds before responding. Just don't pick up immediately. If not it becomes a conditioning to baby, when she wails, she'll get the attention she wants

Super Mum

Hey.. it’s completely normal. Baby’s so scared to be out of your tummy. At this age, don’t worry about carrying becoming a habit. Please hold your baby often, especially when she cries ❤️

TapFluencer

Just carry her its ok, they need some warmth and security as they are still new to the outside world.

Hey Mum, Yes it is normal and will be fine with time. Also try swaddling

VIP Member

My baby was like this when younger. Swaddle can help a bit.