GDM mummies

hey mummies to be, I've been so low knowing the fact that i have GDM. I'm so scared to know the fact that if it's high reading i might need to take Insulin. I'm so stress and worried right now. Never think that getting pregnant will be this hard. As this is also my first pregnancy. Need support and encouragement :')

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Understand how you feel. I felt so down when I found out I had GD too and also my 1st pregnancy. It’s like I couldn’t believe my own placenta is working against my body. Just manage your diet, stay away from high carbs. I go for low GI rice and bread (since im both a rice and a bread person, totally cutting it out is impossible for me).. It was in control throughout my pregnancy though I had to prick before and after meal once a week for readings. After delivery, baby will be checked on his/her sugar levels. But no worries, as long as your readings are not exponentially high. You’ll be ok! Jiayou mummy...

Read more
5y ago

thank you so much i truly need this. ❤️

VIP Member

I had GDM too and it depends on individuals actually. I known some who took sweet stuff often during pregnancy but didn’t have GDM. Yes it can be quite distressing to maintain a plain diet and have sugarless drinks during the final trimester but stay calm and relaxed during this period. It will go away after childbirth a few months later. Breastfeeding helps to regulate ur blood glucose back to normal level sooner.

Read more

Hi please don’t worry. Just focus on your diet and avoid sugary stuff. Please go for regular checkups to monitor ur glucose levels. Hope you have been maintaining an active lifestyle as well, it is good to take walks regularly. The gestational diabetes usually goes away after pregnancy, so Hang in there and take care.

Read more
5y ago

❤️

Not to worry about GDM! It's the works of the pregnancy hormones blocking ths insulin from working. Just keep watch of your diet and cut down on carbohydrates will do. Having to take insulin is not a bad thing either, it will not cause any harm to the baby. 😊

5y ago

tqsm for the uplifting words and advice.. ❤️😊

Ive got gdm too and im super demoralized! Today is my 2nd day of self pricking. Readings were fine, maybe with just 1 or 2 readings getting slightly over by 0.1 or 0.2. Super stress thou. But will jiayou!

VIP Member

Hi... don’t worry too much. Many pregnant women develop GDM at some stages of their pregnancy. Just watch your diet. Cut down on carbs and sugar. You’ll be fine. Take care

5y ago

tq for the well wishes.. 😊

i got gdm and also my 1st pregnancy... im also stressed each time when i see my pricking result went up high.... but i try to keep positive... lets jiayou together...

VIP Member

I feel u, i had gdm too, and found it hard to gain weight, and to eat properly while avoiding e sugar spike. All the best! Im cleared after i delivered.

5y ago

hopefully im clear too after delivery.. 😥

VIP Member

I got GDM during pregnancy. As long as cut down sugar drinks, rice intake. Should be fine

Hang in there Every pregnancy is different Remain positive and focus on your health and baby.

5y ago

tq dearest 🤗