GDM anyone? 2nd pregnancy

Hi mummies. It's my second pregnancy, 3 years later. This time I'm diagnosed with GDM after failing the OGTT 2hr post. I'm 31 weeks now. Baby weighing 1.8-1.9kg and the doctor said it's slightly larger than average. It's a boy so Dr also said boys tend to be larger in size. She just started me with the Metformin tab. I'm trying my best to reduce my sugar intake and try to eat more vegetables & fruits. Snacking on healthy bars too. Tbh, I'm quite worried for this pregnancy. It just feels so much heavier than my first one. I really want to carry this child till hopefully 39-40 weeks coz my first pregnancy, I delivered at 40w1day. But, Dr said it might not be possible since I have GDM, might need to deliver earlier 37-39 weeks. Any mummies here with GDM, have any advice on how to get it under control and eventually able to carry till 39-40 weeks.? #adviceplease #gdm #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Both my babies, one born 39+6, one 40w. The only ting my gynae didnt wan to go beyond 40wks so i have to be induced by 40wks if i have no signs. I reduced my carbs, drank alot of water. Eat smaller portion. My first pregnancy was diagnosed as gdm, by 2nd one i was alr prediabetes. 🥺