Is it okay?

Hi mummies, im a mum of a 2 month old baby. And i dont breast feed since i gave birth cus it was a tiring process for me. I’ve been stressing out about people telling me to breastfeed bla bla bla. But i didnt cus nobody supports me at home. I do all the work, i take care of my baby, i do housechores, i barely have a full sleep cus its all on me. Please tell me its okay not to breastfeed, cus its irritating wherever i go, ppl tell me its better fo breastfeed WHICH I KNOW!

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Siti, I've always believed in this quote "those who mind don't matter, and those matter don't mind". Indeed every mothers (and others, not only limited to mothers) are faced with different sets of issues be it at home or work or peers, and bearing in mind different people have different sets of tolerance to handle different situations. In short, different people different perspectives. If you can't bf because of the amount of pressure, then so be it. It doesn't necessarily mean that you want the easy way out; it's just you using a different method to handle the situation. Moreover, babies will still grow well with formula milk. The pressures on bf can be relentless but again, those who mind don't matter, and those matter don't mind. I have stopped bf at 2 weeks of birth for my baby girl due to a variety of reasons, and I have surroundings who have been nagging at me about bf, but who cares? My girl is drinking so well with her formula milk, I am having a life of time with sufficient sleep, and I don't have a helper either except an excellent husband by my side through the ups and downs. So the only person who is able to judge you now is your baby; if your baby is not making a fuss over formula milk, then just go with it! I hope you will see the silver lining during this period and know that tough times will be over soon! Stay strong and stay sane!

Read more