Is it okay?

Hi mummies, im a mum of a 2 month old baby. And i dont breast feed since i gave birth cus it was a tiring process for me. I’ve been stressing out about people telling me to breastfeed bla bla bla. But i didnt cus nobody supports me at home. I do all the work, i take care of my baby, i do housechores, i barely have a full sleep cus its all on me. Please tell me its okay not to breastfeed, cus its irritating wherever i go, ppl tell me its better fo breastfeed WHICH I KNOW!

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s a choice. Don’t need to care about what other people say. To put you at ease, you can also read a book - Cribsheet by Emily Oster. There is no real long term benefit to breastfeed tracked anyways. Everybody claimed breast is best. However the short term benefit is just less colic. Ultimately the true differentiating factor is the mother’s happiness and socioeconomic background that determines whether the child (breastfeed or formula feed) is better off in life. In the olden days, pre formula milk days, everybody breast fed. We don’t see everybody became Kennedy or Bill Gates - right. It’s their family upbringing that make them who they are. So no worries and chill. You be you and your child would benefit from a happy mom.

Read more