Sex after being a mother

Hey Mummies! I'm a FTM who delivered in Nov 2019. Since then, I'm just so tired from taking care of baby, doing housework and work stuff. Sex is definitely the last thing I think of. My husband has been bringing up then we haven't had sex for so many months. But I just feel so dry and totally no mood for it. Don't even feel like being intimate or being touched. On the other hand, I feel guilty for not satisfying his desire too. Sigh, any mummies feel this way too? How long after delivery did you have sex again?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also delivered last Nov and we started getting intimate around 3 months pp. I'm also taking care of baby alone with no helper so I understand fully, yes will be tired and no mood for anything but sleep. However do try to relax and I think couple time will help to get you into the mood. For me we will have some couple time after the kids go to bed by having some cheese, wine, chocolate or ice cream while we just chill and chat about things other than the baby. Really try not to go too long without sex as it may gradually become the norm and eventually just lose the sparks and won't happen anymore. Men and women have different love languages and unlike women, men do need physical intimacy to feel loved and the truth is a lack of it will put strain on the relationship over time. Especially for alot of couples sex life changes drastically after having a baby and the husband will feel left out as mummy focus is on the baby. If no mood for sex, just try to start off with some cuddles, hugs and kisses and gradually move on from there. At least will make your husband feel more loved and show that you are making an effort.

Read more