Delivering at 38 weeks due to baby weight

Hello moms! I'm a first time mom in my 37 weeks and 5 days. After my check up at kkh today my gynae told me my baby's weight is nearly 3.4kgs and advised me that in order to go for normal delivery I must be induced day after tomorrow which is going to be my 38th week starting as my baby is big for its gestational week. And told me that I'm already 3cms dilated after doing a vaginal check. So is it normal to go for pain induction at 38 weeks due to baby's weight? Has anyone had my experience and how well did it go? Your timely reply would be greatly helpful for me. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i wish i had some knowledge to it and i hope someone replies you soon. i can only tell you that my friends sister gave birth early too because her baby's weight was 3.7kg so the doctor advised to deliver early if not she won't have a normal birth and will have to do c sect.

2y ago

she delivered normally, bless her she managed to push him out but with some help with the vacuum because she got too tired.

mee! i kena induced ard 38 weeks too due to baby weight . hehehe. so far everything okay. u just need to fight with the induction . other than that all is ok !

What is baby actual average weight for a 37weeks n 5days pregnant? Did dr tell u?

2y ago

No..she just said my baby's weight is more for this gestational period.