8 Replies

Ideally, a woman experiences the baby's first movements, which are often called 'quickening,' between 16 weeks and 25 weeks into the pregnancy. However, first-time-mums may only experience these movements well into their 25th week. But if this your second pregnancy, you would feel it as early as the 13th week. You can read more here: https://sg.theasianparent.com/amazing-facts-babys-kicks-pregnancy

Try to be more relaxed, esp at night when u are on the bed, cus i find that is the time when baby would be active. Try talking to baby too. I felt mine at 22 weeks... Trust ur mummy instincts if u feel any sort of movement that it could be the baby. All the best... alternatively, u may consult your doc if u are worried.

VIP Member

Depends on individual. Some felt it on 20weeks / 24 weeks. You may try lie down, facing upwards , as time goes by. Movement can be soft or strong. If you are worry , you may make a appointment with gynae.

Are you going to visit your gynae soon? Good to go for a scan if you're worried. If you're a first time mum, then it might be delayed.

Super Mum

May still be too soon. Don’t worry:) and go for your scan at 22 weeks. Baby usually becomes more active after that time too!

Super Mum

Maybe too soon to tell or too mild. It will come!

Hi, Experiencing the baby kick varies from person to person. It generally starts from week 16 to week 25. So be relaxed and keep the track. It should happen soon.

VIP Member

It’s good that you’re keeping track of kicks. This is something you should do daily post week 17 so you can start noticing your baby’s kick behaviour. There are some tricks women do to get their baby to start kicking in tummy, you can try it and see if any success 1. Lying down and shining torchlight on tummy 2. Do some jumping jacks and then sit down 3. Have a snack

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles