Hey mummies. Im at my 38 weeks now and is a first time mummy. What do I pack in my hospital bag? *urgent* LOL thanks in advance!!

71 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hospital bag checklist Important Documents - [x] Admission letter from your gynae - [ ] Prenatal receipts (totalling at least $900, for your MediSave claims) - [x] NRIC - [x] Credit card - [ ] Your marriage certificate (if you're registering your baby's birth cert at the hospital) Clothes and Personal Toiletries - [x] A cardigan (especially if you get cold easily) - [x] A pair of socks - [x] Disposable underwear  - [ ] Personal toiletries : facial wash, body foam, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc - [x] Basic cosmetics (for when guests visit - I packed only eyebrow pencil and lipstick) - [x] A pack of wet wipes to clean your body - [x] Mobile charger, charger for reader - [x] A pack of maternity pads - [ ] Cooling perineal spray (Earthmama is the most popular, but it didn't work for me) - [x] Binder Breastfeeding essentials - [ ] Breast pump - [x] Breast pads - [x] A stretchy nursing bra (wireless) - [ ] 2 x sterile, disposable syringes (to collect your colostrum) - [x] Nipple shield (to latch your baby with even while you nurse sore nipples) - [x] Nipple cream Other optional breastfeeding items to bring would be lactation cookies and/or nursing tea. I had cookies from Singapore Lactation Bakes (SLB) with me to kickstart my milk supply. For your baby - [x] A romper, or any going-home outfit - [x] Swaddle blanket - [x] Mittens and socks For your husband - [x] Mobile charger - [ ] Some snacks and drinks, or cup noodles - [x] 2 - 3 sets of clothes and underwear - [x] Personal toiletries

Read more

Maybe some people are different but BM normally come 3-5 days later after birth. What I normally packed are; 1. pyjamas (dress with front button) - with or without BM hospital will ask to let BB latched on. 2. Toiletries- unless you don’t mind using hospital pre-pack, normally facial wash all these personal use are not included. 3. 1 set of clean clothes - include inner wear, unless you don’t mind discharge in the clothes you admitted. 4. Towel - maybe I am abit particulate about this, still feel own towel is more comfortable. Can use for wiping your face and body if you don’t intend to shower. 5. Miscellaneous- HP charger, socks, shawl, wet wipes etc. BB clothes are up to which hospital you go because KKH doesnt provide BB clothes for discharge. 😊 take care

Read more
3y ago

Kkh is a women's and children's hospital sa Sg

I’m also on my 38 weeks! If you’re giving birth in KKH, I believe most of the things are provided for us such as baby’s pampers, maternity pads and all the essentials. So I brought along all my sample packets instead for these things just in case. Marriage certificate, IC, change of clothes to go home. If you decide you want to let the baby wear your own clothes, then you can bring a pair of those but if not KKH will probably provide as well. I brought my toiletries and my husband’s too. Slippers and socks for myself to keep comfy. A small pillow just in case I’m uncomfortable.

Read more
1y ago

marriage cert is needed when u want to register the birth cert of ur child... so u need not make another trip down to kkh or ICA... BUT now, they gave u an option to register via online... easier and hassle free.... most impt things to pack is ur own sets of clean outfit to go home and baby's outfit and swaddle....everything else is provided in hospital.

If you are doing c sec, no need bring extra pad or disposable underwear hospital will give a pack of 12 or so and its enough. Plus c sec, menses doesnt come right away.. im on my 3rd week post natal still nothing. lol Bring charger, hair tie, a change of clothes when you check out the hospital, wallet, All the necessary documents. dont need bring breast pump, pad, disposable underwear, toiletries. All these the hospital will provide. You cant shower too so dont need towel. even if you need to shower somehow, they have towels. Dont need bring like what books etc.. you will need all your extra time to sleep. So pack minimally.

Read more

Am at 38 weeks too. Giving birth at KKH, just packed my hospital bag. Hospital bag - hanky, nipple cream, discharge clothes, mittens & socks for bb, swaddle blanket, discharge clothes for mommy, disposable panty, nursing bra, nursing pads , nursing top, nursing cover, hand sanitiser, hair tie, 2 pairs socks for mommy, lip balm, maternity/heavy flow pad, spectacles, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, snacks, phone and charger, water bottle, jacket, hot water pouch, documents - IC, birth plan sorry a bit messy. haha!

Read more
VIP Member

I packed so many stuff in my hospital bag. Ended up, I didn’t use 95% of what’s in there. The hospital provided almost everything from tissue paper, diapers, diaper creams, lotion, newborn clothes, swaddle, etc. I only got to use 2 of my undies and personalised toiletries e.g. deo. Hence, I suggest to pack minimally for you and your baby and pack more for your hubby if he’s staying with you - undies, clothes, snacks... And yeah, documents and charger...very important 😂

Read more

Your clothes, baby’s clothes, blankets for swaddling, diaper, wipes, breast pump and bottles (if you’re planning to breastfeed), cotton and small dish to wash baby’s bum, soap and brush for baby, thermos for warm water, small towels, alcohol, toiletries, napkin or diaper for you, charger, phone and/or camera, slippers, cash, relaxing music, Bible, small notebook to take note of anything

Read more
VIP Member

Depends on which hospital u r gg, n how long u r staying. But generally hp charger, your change of clothes, baby's clothes swaddle, mittens, socks x 2 sets Breast pads. Pads (unless u intend to use the ones hospital provides) Personal toiletries if u inteje to bathe and are expecting visitors. If i r doing natural birth, u will discharge between 1 to 3 days. If csec, longer so u may want other personal things

Read more
TapFluencer

For baby: 1 set of baby clothes 1 swaddle Extra diapers and wet wipes. For mum: I use kotex pants with pad instead of maternity pad. So I got 4 box. 3 Nursing bra or bralette. 10 Nursing pad. My necessities like toner comb etc. 1 set of clothes for discharge. 1 jacket. Personal documents IC etc.

Read more

Clothes to go home, basic necessities such as tooth brush shampoo and body wash in a small container underwear if u want u can also bring ur make up and hair comb, socks and ur jacket for baby clothes to go home 1 pair of mitten and booties swaddle wrap and blanket as need to wear the hospital clothes before discharge and bring ur own towel too

Read more