Hospital bag - need to pack breast milk storage bags or bottles?

Hello everyone! I'm packing my hospital bag in advance and wondering if I need to bring breast milk storage bags or bottles? I understand that there won't be much breast milk in the first few days post-delivery, so not sure what to pack.. If there's colostrum, how do I store them? Thanks in advance! 🌻

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel its not necessary to bring milk storage bags or bottles as your stay in hospital wont be long and it takes a couple of days for your milk supply to kick in. Hospital will provide disposible stringes for colostrum harvesting. U could bring your breast pump along, some nurses may teach you how to use it.

Read more

Hi! Can bring the storage bags since it doesn’t take up much space. Bottles the hospital provided if u need to feed bb. But in my past experience, for natural birth the hospital stay is very short (30 hours in my case) even my colostrum kick in only at home :)

I didn’t bring breast milk storage bag or milk bottle 😅 i only start to pump after I have discharged, and try to latch baby while in hospital. My colostrum only kicked in a few days after delivery.

Hosp will provide syringes to collect colostrum, and most likely all will be used for your baby during feeding. But if really want to be prepared, can look at hakkaa silicone colostrum collector :)

don’t need cos there won’t be much milk. colostrum is usually stored in syringes. you can prepare that instead but the hospital has it too

Won’t have that much milk so don’t need to pack milk storage bags, and you’ll probably latch first :) store colostrum in syringes

I've packed milk storage bags along with a portable breast pump in the hospital bag for just in case.

May I know which hospital you're going to deliver?

2mo ago

sgh!!

TapFluencer

i didnt pack for both

nurse provide there