Hello mummies. I recently sent my then 14 week old daughter to an ifc just before my maternity leave ended. She just learned how to flip when she was 18 weeks old. (For the record, I have also stopped swaddling her long time ago since she was abt 2.5months old). However the IFC teachers recently tell me that they have always been swaddling her so that she can sleep 'better'. In fact.. the better meant she can sleep as long as 2.5hr to 4.0hr during day time when she is at IFC. Back at home, her naps are always between 30mins to 1.5hr max, never exceeding 1.5hrs. Was wondering if any LOs out there also nap as long during daytime back at home or over at IFC? My worries: 1) I prepare 3 bottles of EBM for 3hrly feeding, but she always drinks at most 2 bottles during the 9hrs she spends there! So the IFC teachers always defend to say, sleep is good for baby's growth and development, so we don't wake her up. 2) Isn't it said that once baby starts to flip/roll over, they should no longer be swaddled? (I did make it known to them abt this milestone). 3) Is something not right that my baby sleeps unusually longer over at IFC? Or am I just over worrying? Please share your thoughtsnand experiences with me. Many thanks!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey! My bub is 5 months and she does about 3 feeds in IFC. She goes in around 9.30 and I pick her at 6 pm. She does a feed around 11, then 2 and just before I pick her. About 3 nappy change too. And she also does about 3 nap times about 1.5 hours for each nap. 5 months and baby is swaddled at school and home when she sleeps.

Read more
8y ago

Thank you Roshni for sharing. Appreciate it. Today I had decided to write this long post because I was really shocked to hear from my hubby that our daughter was fed only once for the 8hrs she was there when he went to fetch her. And they explained to him that she had slept for 4hrs thus they could not manage a second nor third feed. There was only one diaper change for the entire duration she was there today. There I am, pumping furiously away and multi-tasking in office, worrying whether I cou