Light sleeper baby

My 1.5 month old baby cant fall into good naps during daytime. Even with dark quiet room, swaddled, she at most nap once a good 2 hour nap, other than that it is so hard to put her down for any other day nap as she always wake up after 2-3 minutes put down in cot. She can sleep good 11-12 hours night time (including dreamfeed 2-3 times at night). I worry she gets over tired and lack of sleep for development due to this n indeed she gets quite fussy these days. Any mom has experience can share how to get baby to nap better? SOS.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To be able to slp for 11-12 hrs at tt age is really good. Babies approaching 2 months typically need at least 14 hrs of slp. So your girl has most of her sleep at night alr, tt's why she can't slp for long in the day. It's normal tt babies will wake up when put down. Mine will wake up at the slightest sound in his cot but cld sleep a full 3 hours nap in the day if I let him latch. For me, the easiest way to make my baby sleep is to let him latch but of course there were times I needed to do hsework etc so I would sometimes put him in the carrier. I'd go abt doing my chores and the movements made him slp. U can try white noise, mine seems to slp better to the sound of the fan rather than being in a quiet aircon environment. There was once I was so desperate to slp as he was extra fussy, I had my hubby drive us ard in the car for a full 2 hours and he continued to sleep even when we're home😅

Read more
3y ago

yes i also use white noise too, the shhh one that makes me so sleepy, yet she can still be awake so long. she also fall asleep when latch (only a bit as i bottle feed) or drink milk, but the moment i put her down to cot, she is up again. i scare to use carrier as she seems to be very clingy after that. when she is awake now, she keeps crying to be carried n i cant do anything :(

VIP Member

This is a good thing! Your baby can easily differentiate day and night! Some babies is the total opposite! They sleep 11-12 hours in the day and when it comes to night they dont want to sleep! If your baby don’t want sleep then let her be! They are called the “cat napped” Don’t make the room dark in the day it’s no use!! Just do tummy time, read books, go for a walk and talk to her to really burn her energy! When she’s tired she’ll have a good nap! My baby was like that too even till now at 7 months BUT I make sure she have at least 1 long nap(1.5-2 hours) through the day time!! Crib and cot won’t work cause I don’t sleep train her! I use Yaolan!! But must slowly train and change her sleeping patterns don’t expect immediate change

Read more
3y ago

ya i carry her to sleep but try to put down eventually, else carry all the way i scare it becomes a habit :(

I used the stroller at home as Im too tired to carry baby all the way when he was awake ! And suprisingly he fell asleep in the stroller .

3y ago

great job mummy

VIP Member

Try pushing her around in a stroller (some babies like gentle rocking), or a white noise app (mimics the noise the in the womb)?

3y ago

thanks. yes i try to intro white noise during 2nd month but yet see good result. will try using stroller next

TapFluencer

use the Yao lan it's the best. I use it during day time and put baby into bed at night

3y ago

bounce of cos don't bounce it very hard. I just it since 1 month old till now 23 months. they will get stuck usually is because parents just rock it even they fall asleep. if my baby cranky at night I will use Yao lan until she fall asleep carry out placed on bed.