Bad nausea and no appetite for food

Hi mummies I am having a bad nausea. The nausea is a killer. I can’t even eat well. And now insomnia kick in as well.?? ?Those smelly food I can’t even take it. Everyday just congee or bread. I feel hopeless and almost Everyday also vomit once. I am very depressed and cry Everyday. It’s very suffered.May I know when the nausea will kick off and I can sleep well?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, same here! I feel nauseous 24/7, especially bad at night. I find nibbling on anything as often as possible helps as the nausea kicks in hard when my stomach is empty. So far I can take in very small portions (less than a teaspoon) bananas, jap cucumber, boiled tomatoes, strawberries, cereal and drink cold lemon water/100 plus to keep the food down. Everyday the appetite changes, today everything out the window but can snack on cold Lao Ban soya beancurd 😆 Hope it goes away soon! Till then let's take deep breaths and hang in there (I also tried to meditate so I can sleep at night)

Read more
5y ago

Yes I hope too😭

I had the same experience and in the end lost weight 5 kg during 1st trimester. Baby is fine though and kicking lively when had a scan. I vomit alot too especially at night till I really can't take it and went to the doctor for gastric medication that is alright for pregnancy. Now 19 weeks still has heartburn and gastric problem every night although no more nauseous and appetite better. I still take gastric medication when my heartburn or gastric is unbearable or when I can't vomit out some of the gastric acid. Take 1 week at a time. I am still counting too. You can do it. Good luck!

Read more
VIP Member

I had bad nausea and frequent vomiting in my first trimester as well. And I puked more than just once a day. I tried all kinds of things like nibbling on dry crackers, eating guava, yuyee oil, peppermint oil, etc. Dried sour plum stopped the feeling sometimes. Some occasions, the vomiting seemed pretty violent as well. But I just endure till second trimester, and then I was so so happy it stopped. Nausea still occurs if I smell smtg I don't like. Otherwise it's all good. BUT in some cases, this can last throughout the entire pregnancy! I'd seek help from my gynae in such a case.

Read more
5y ago

Aw~ happy for you! Finally stopped!

Its same like me now. I am currently 13 weeks but still feeling it whole day, not only morning. I felt suffered too, but everyone told me to be happy, so i am waiting that day which can back to normal. When i am bad nausea, i drink cold drinks so that i can feel better, but i try to drink less cold too.And dont be too hungry or too full, if not it will getting worse which is currently facing by me. So i am trying out different method of eating today. Eat less but more meal in a day, see if can feel better. Lets jiayou together.

Read more
VIP Member

Hang on dear.. i know how it feels. I am currently pregnant and going 12 weeks, but I still feel like want to vomit badly and every night is like a nightmare for me to go to sleep. My body just feels weird. Water taste bitter, perfume smells weird, sometimes when I think of what to eat, the nausea is immediately there. What I do is I try to talk to my friends, watch movie or read something to distract my thought about vomiting. Jiayou!!! I hope it gets better for us soon.

Read more

Hang in there! I’m in week 7 now. Last 2 weeks it was really bad for me until I felt very weak then I started taking meds prescribed by doc. These few days I never take the meds and I guess my body is slowing adjusting. I just need to keep munching something so that my stomach is not empty else the gas build up and nauseas will kick in, for me.

Read more
5y ago

Yes I am feeling lost too ☹️😭. I scared eating. After the food, u can see a Merlion

hi there... i went thru the same too. no appetite, vomitting, and only ate bread. nausea was indeed a terrible thing i experienced all the time too. try to relax more, dont get too stressed up over this. try taking the anti-nausea pills from the doctor, hope it helps in some way. stay strong!

TapFluencer

Please do not be depressed. What you are feeling is a natural phenomenon most pregnant women go through. I would feel nauseous just smelling my neighbours cook their lunch or same thing happens when I walk near a hawker Center. This will soon get better after your first trimester

I used to have nausea all day, but now in Week 10 somehow better in the morning but nauseous at night. What helped is eating a bit before I get hungry, not curling my stomach, walking around after eating, avoiding smelly food, and drinking tiny bits of water regularly.

5y ago

Icic. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

Just try to stay positive. I am going through the same thing now as well, haven't been eating well and always feel tired or no energy plus the vomiting the morning. Past weeks i have been unable to control my tears too. We will get over at some point!