Giving up seats in public transport

Hi mummies! I am currently 23 weeks and having a visible round belly(average body size). I like to wear body hugging dresses which makes my belly even more bigger and noticeable. However, I always find it hard for people to automatically give up seats for me (most of time people are not on the phone or sleeping, I am pretty sure they make an eye contact with me when I entered). I have hard time balancing especially on buses, mrt and I am too shy to ask for a seat. Normally my mother or my husband have to make a big fuss on how inconsiderate people are, then some will just stand and walk away. I try not to go out as much as possible even so, I will normally take grab, but once in a while I will need to run an errand and have to take public transport. Since young, I have always give up my seats to elderly and pregnant ladies that's why I am quite shock at how our society behaves now. Do mummies experiencing this as well?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my experience is totally different. sometimes I just want to take 2 busstops and people still give up seat to me even when I insisted that I didn't need. there was once, 2 aunties in their 70s offered seats for me when I was about 20+ weeks; it was so amusing 😅 now when the bus is crowded, the driver would ask me to sit down and those on the priority seats have no choice but to give up seats to me.

Read more
3y ago

ya she said 小妹啊,坐下来比较安全!