Epidural

Hi all mummies. Heard that the epidural needle is long and thick. Is it painful upon inserting? Anyone goes without epidural?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, my pain tolerence is low n my contraction pain keep coming every 3mins, so i opt for epidural! dun wori u are unable to see the length or thickness, u can only feel the needle poked ,its not painful when inserting the epidural, im glad i dun feel any contraction pain and stitching pain aftr delivery, no regret taking epidural 😊👍✨

Read more

Had it 3x, you wont really feel it. My two epidural i just inhale/exhale and tried not to really move as i was scared, it was like a pinch and you will definitely feel the poking, my body arched a bit but there were nurses who held me down. My 3rd epidural they gave me laughing gas.

Hi there! Nope its not painful at all. In fact i didn’t even feel anything when it was administered because my contractions was just tooo painful for me. Didn’t even see the needle as they asked me to face the opposite direction and looked down. Don’t worry about it :)

I didnt take epidural. I had the mindset that generations of women before us managed to gv birth without epidural, so can we! Our body is meant to give birth. I had to be strong and bear the pain of the contractions.

For me, that was the scariest part of my labour. I dont know how long it is because I didnt dare to look. Just make sure you dont move , just inhale and exhale to calm yourself. The good thing is, I didnt feel any labour pain.

TapFluencer

If you got the right anesthesia you won't feel a thing. I don't feel anything at all and till now after birth no issue.

3y ago

hi it depend on your hospital.

I didnt feel the pain on inserting the epidural, i find contraction more unbearable

TapFluencer

Not pain la. If you scared just inhale laughing gas - which was what I did

VIP Member

I didn’t had epidural. But the pain was reallyyyy wayyyyy beyond words

4y ago

I had scoliosis. So I cannot opt for it

Super Mum

I gave birth to my LO without epidural. You can do it too mama!!