Prepping for Newborn arrival

Hi Mummies, ftm here. Have a few qns to clarify. - How many hanky/bibs would you recommend is enough to rotate? - What kind of bath towel would you recommend? - Is it advisable to get baby’s diaper bag before their arrival or i can get it later? Because i was thinking about when baby’s follow up checkup at the polyclinic after birth. - When do you start to buy diapers and wet wipes before your EDD?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought abt 12 bibs..then got more along the way from gifts lol hmmm buy those absorbent ones for bath towel? not too big though.. I didnt buy diaper bag.. got it free from similac mum (think from some online thingy that I sign up lol) go sign up for those freebies they give pregnant mums.. u can try diapers/wipes/lotions etc.. ohh after u give birth u shld rcv a diaper bag too.. use the free ones 1st.. if bad condition then buy 😊 I was due early dec so I bought mine during the 10.10 and 11.11 sale haha.. I recommend Hoppi wet wipes too!

Read more

I have about 10 hanky and use it as a bib Bought mine from mummy’s market, muslin clothes kind. Quite good and absorbs well. Diaper bag u can get it from hospital if u dont mind the design. I got mine from mt alvernia and use it for baby’s follow up check up. Diapers and wet wipes can get before ur edd, unless u prefer to get the same brand as the hospital one. For wet wipes u can try jeju wet wipes, pretty affordable and good quality. Thick and moist enough to clean ur baby well. Hope this helps!

Read more

- I have about 10 hanky, 5 bibs (for spit ups). - Can’t recommend, but would totally advise you to stay away from Mothercare’s towel. Sheds heavily. - I didn’t bought any diaper bag as I received the Tokidoki ones from insurance & one from TMC after birth. (Currently using TMC’s diaper bag.) - Diapers can get during hospital stay if you like what they used for your baby. Else, 1 month before EDD if you got your preferred brand in mind. Wipes I got them 2 weeks before EDD.

Read more
2y ago

Oh! Some people will say that wet wipes not good for newborns (for my case it was because of convenience). If you want to try, can get those make up pads/cotton pads from guardian/watsons then use warm water to wipe every diaper change.

didn't use bib until bb was a few mth old. initially just use handkerchief for everything. I had ~ 10 or so. for bathing, spit up, cleaning etc I'm using the 6 layer muslin tower, thick enough and dries easily. soft on skin too I got a diaper bag during sales, those with a lot of compartment. or u can use what the hospital provided if you're not fussy. I bought diaper and wet wipes when there was a sale in my 2nd trimester

Read more

Handkerchief - 20 Bibs - 5 Bath towel - 6 to 8 (i am using bamboo kind which absorb water very fast) Diaper bag - i wont advise to buy as hospital will provide, i myself have 4 diaper bag (2 tmc diaper bags cause of my 2 childrens, 1 Marc Jacobs waterproof and spacious which I love it and 1 gucci) Diapers and wet wipes - 1 month before EDD.

Read more

hi mummies . i will be delivering soon at KKH. can husband accompany us during the labour? as what i heard there's a time during covid period no one is allowed to accompany during labour. and what to pack for hospital bag and do KKH still provide NB pampers during the stay or we need to bring a pack of our own?

Read more
2y ago

yes husband can accompany in delivery suite for natural birth. not sure about csec. u can search what kkh provides on their website. need to bring bb’s clothes and ur own toiletries (kkh provides some basic ones). nb diapers are provided by kkh

VIP Member

(1) bibs you won’t really need it till they are teething. You can get like 5 hanky and try out first. Just in case there’s spit out aft drinking. (2) get something soft will do. (3) you can get later. (4) for me we get 1-2 wks earlier. Can order from redmart.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for sharing! 😊

- for feeding? i have about 10 1 bath towel - can buy online, those with a cap to wrap baby’s head out of the shower - can get diaper bag few weeks before edd - 1 month before edd in case you deliver early

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for sharing 😊