Buying newborn diapers in advance?

Hi mummies, do you all buy newborn diapers in advance to prepare for baby’s arrival? If yes, how many is sufficient? Understand that it all depends on baby’s size and brand preferences etc. Thanks!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Yes. I bought 2 x nb , 3x small and 3 x medium And if I need more small size, I will get them after baby is born. It’s better to buy bigger size then smaller size because babies outgrown them very fast. For your reference: my baby wears NB up to 1.5mth old, S size up to 3.5 mth, M size up to 7mth ish, Currently at 1y & 3wk old, she is still at size L. As for which brand is better, it really depends on baby’s skin and of course your Budget. You can request for samples but tbh, they only give 1-2 pieces. No way to test the suitability. The hospital that I give birth provides Huggies so I bought Huggies to let her tide over the confinement period. I also tried various brands such as rascal and friends, Merries, pamper premium and moony airfit. Rascal and friends was not suitable as my daughter immediately developed rash around her v area. So I stopped and blessed out the rest. Now we are using Merries pants and moony air fit tapes. I used tapes for night time because tape diapers can ‘holds’ or ‘tahan’ better through the night.

Read more

I bought 2 packs from Qoo10 carton sale together with 2 S-sized packs. The hospital (Thomson did) gave the balance pack of Huggies to me to bring home with LO upon discharge. That lasted about 2-3 days before we used from 1 of the purchased pack.

4y ago

Thank you!

VIP Member

My boy was 3.18kg, had prepared a carton of NB goon diapers for him cos it was on sale. By the time we were on the 4th pack it was actually a bit tight for him.. so i guess 3 packs of nb should suffice for a nb around that weight

VIP Member

I bought 2 pack. If you're afraid can buy 1 pack first.cos it depends on your child's weight. Certain babies might have allergy to some diapers too.

VIP Member

They do grow very fast but then again they will poop and pee alot too. Perhaps you can get 2 packs first and see from there?

Babies outgrow nb diapers very quickly. Maybe standby 2 or 3 packs should be enough. Buy on demand if finish.

4y ago

Thank you!

i used the freebies first.. see which one suitable for baby and also calculate cost then buy more

VIP Member

I didn’t get any until baby’s arrival from Carousell. There’s many people selling newborn diaper.

4y ago

Thank you!

Super Mum

If you’re afraid to overbuy, maybe buy 1 carton first?:) Because NB sizes are generally for

4y ago

Thank you!

I bought only one pack of NB. Then after finish NB, i used the S size