Dandruff??

Hi mummies. Found this on my LO’s scalp. Dandruff or what? What can I do to remove this??

Dandruff??
12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Cradle cap. My girl’s looked like this too. I rub oil (initially olive oil but it got worse so I switched to Colief Baby Scalp Oil) at least 10 mins before shower and shampoo her hair twice using Dentinox. I use Pigeon baby comb to loosen the scales after putting the oil. Then I use it again to remove the flakes which stayed on her hair after shower. I use cradle cap brush instead of just my palm to massage her head during shower. Baby brush can be used too. Just a few days doing it cleared the cradle cap; but must continue to do so on reduced frequency coz it may recur...

Read more
VIP Member

My daughter had the same thing. During her checkup, I asked the nurse and she told me that it's normal. Just use shampoo and wash her scalp. I am currently using Sebamed shampoo for my daughter, extra mild cleasing. It is gentle on the scalp too and has Ph balanced.

VIP Member

This is normal. I think all babies have this. Something like changing a new scalp to adapt to the outside world? I judt shampoo his hair everyday it will slowly be gone.

VIP Member

My babies have it too, it will drop off by itself in a month or 2. I didnt use any oil or medication back then and they are fine.

VIP Member

Probably dry scalp, if it doesn't clear after applying oil, do bring your child to e pd

VIP Member

Looks like dry scalp. Rub some olive or coconut oil and it will clear

Could be cradle cap. Massage hair wif Virgin coconut oil.

VIP Member

Do oil massage n rub it do wash it will go away after few repeats

You can try Olive oil or coconut oil

Can massage with coconut oil