3 Minute Rule with Kids

Mummies, do you follow the 3 minute rule with your kids? I just read about it now. It seems our children will start trusting us more and feel more secure with us if we follow this 3 minute rule. It's very simple. Make sure to spend those special and crucial 3 minutes exclusively with your child every day when you come back home from work/outside and after you pick him from school/childcare. Hug and talk to them and remember to be at the same eye level as your child. I'm going to start doing this from today. What do you all feel about this rule?

3 Minute Rule with Kids
8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I haven't been aware of it as a rule. However, coming to think of it, I do spend the first 5 to 10 minutes after coming home with my kids. They are bigger now but they still get super excited when I get home from work and run to greet me.

I do try to spend as much time as I can spend with my daughter once we are both back home every day. very much on the lines of the rule but never consciously emulated the rule. always good to try new things if it makes the bond stronger.

Awesome idea! Yes I too do it, but never realised that those are the most crucial 3 minutes. Love it when I go to pick her from school.

VIP Member

I don't follow it. i Just spend as much quality time I can them, one on one and no gadgets or distractions.

I love it. I think I have been doing it subconsciously, but will pay more attention from now on.

No, will spend as much time with them as possible to build up the trust and bonding

VIP Member

I spend as much time as I could with my children.

VIP Member

Thank you for sharing!