Any mummies here fall out with whole family or parents and yet to reconcile or have already reconcile, would you be able to share hw did u reconcile? My parents have always put blame on me, side outsiders and fall out with me. They rather keep outsiders and always say "not happy u leave, don need u to be here, this is my house" This time round though not as serious matter as previous incidents but i really feel like its my last straw. I really wanna leave this family with husband and kids and not gonna come back to them anymore. As we are staying with my parents due to no place at the moment, husband told me to endure all matters until we have a house, which i agree. But i have to everyday get blamed for things. My days at home is as good as those drama political issues in the palace. For nothing gets blame, people who my parents' sided give me faces and attitudes, own siblings also the same. I really hate it. My parents are teaching my children not to listen to me, saying bad things about me, told them don need to obey what i say. Even taught my children to call me names and not teaching them to call me mummy. Since then, my children hasnt learned how to call mummy(refused to call me too) and is able to say a few words and call them(my parents). I am really angry and hurt i think. Are there any mummy able to share similar sentiments?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel u! Last time when we stayed in my parents place while waiting for our flat, my mum always use this sentence 'dun happy leave la! This is my house!' And it hurts me badly. I have no say in her house becoz she always say that's her house she got the final say. And my hubby always ask me tolerate. Tolerate till we move out. My mum is very unhappy bout the money we give her as she feel that is too little. We gave her $400 every month but she said she rent my room out is more than $400. I tolerated her coz she is my mum after all. Every time we quarrel, next day I will apologise to her. Finally we moved out. I dun usually contact her anymore. But she keep calling me as she missed the kids. Actually our relationship is better after we moved out.

Read more
7y ago

But for my stubborn temper, i don apologise to mum and she will give me hardtime until she is pleased. I really didnt feel i did wrong and she has always blame it on me for whatever has happened. Usually she will criticize and say sarcastic things which since young i have already endured till nw. We stayed at mum's place with two kids, we don even hav a proper room, we make used of study room and sleep on mattresses, no privacy at all as anyone jus come in and out as they like. While my cousins whom staying with us has own rooms and beds(previously my room). 3 of them staying with us because 1) near to her workplace 2) near to his school 3) fall out with her mum and doesnt want to go back to her own home Staying at my parents house we gave my mum $1600 and sometimes help to replenish groceries as husband doesnt want her to feel shortchanged. But She still kept telling people as though we take her advantages. Thats what hubby has been telling me, endure whatever i can until our flat