Recovering mode

Any mummies experience natural birth with episiotomy? If yes, how long does it takes you to fully recover?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

first two weeks was bad for me. i can’t even sit. it was very terrible. that dryness was killing me. they said walk less, but.. how... i have to settle the baby, do house cleaning, many more. i can walk comfortably after 3 weeks. i religiously put paw paw every time i change my pad. it helps me recover faster. now coming 3 months pp. i still feel sore sometimes. i can say not fully heal. need more time...

Read more
VIP Member

im at 3rd week pp of natural birth w episiotomy 3rd degree. wouldnt say im completely healed. feel better at walking after 1.5weeks. now better at walking and stretching abit. First week walk like penguin 😂 now can even do squats. however there will be pain on and off. im looking forward to the day im completely healed 😀

Read more
3y ago

How did you even do it. My second day is like hell. I cant sleep on my side even. 😭

Super Mum

The wound pain improves greatly after 2 weeks and is gone by 1 month if it heals, but I would say I felt completely normal after 3 months (no discomfort/having urgency to pee). Everyone heals differently though, so your experience may differ

4y ago

Noted, thanks :)

Three weeks to walk normally but even now at my 2nd month PP I can still feel slight soreness at the stitched area. I understand from my friends that it will take around three months to be completely at ease!

VIP Member

I did and I can say I’ve recovered in all other places quite fast in just a few days. However, the Wound completely healed only after 3 weeks and the pain there is worse than my recent c-sec wound.

1 month

3 weeks