DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup it is possible. But you’ll need to know your personalities and be prepared that it will be tiring. My husband and I are quite hands on and quite fuss-free. It is also best to plan out beforehand on duties. For example I bought the daily herbal soup package and my husband would prepare that and the red date tea daily. To be honest I didn’t really do confinement other than my meals etc. But it was tiring cos I was taking care of bb on my own too. Preferred to do that rather than having the mental stress of either my mum or MIL at my house. So yes it’s a trade off I guess. There would be lots of washing and sterilising to do. Ie milk bottles or pump parts. If you foresee you may not have time to wash multiple times a day you may wanna consider buying more bottles or multiple pump parts so you only need to wash once a day. You can also consider taking shifts to tend to the baby at night (rather than both waking up) so that you can each get a short stretch of uninterrupted sleep for your own sanity.

Read more