DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Did confinement myself with some help from mom. Ordered my meals and hubs so not much cooking and washing to be done. Chores (laundry/vacuum) are done by Husb in the weekend when my husband is home. I did it for both babies and it is indeed manageable thankfully. Yes rest is Super important and babies sleep a lot in the first month so you too will get rest. I feed on demand and not worry too much about keeping schedule on feed (most doc/mom fuss about feeding 2-3 hourly)

Read more

I did for my 3rd preg as no one available to help and getting CL isn't cheap. Ordered confinement food while hub took care most of the house chores. Bathing of baby I also do it when hub gonna go office work. Just make sure you dry your hands properly. Oh i also boiled myself extra red date tea.

It's possible but at least have someone to help bathe newborn in the morning and wipe down in the evening. And you must remember to rest as much as possible. Try not to do too much washing.

Possible. My mother cooked for my wife and my sister who is living a stone's throw away went over to collect it and brought over. She also helped out when I was not at home.

Only if your hubby can do most the housework including washing the milk bottles and laundry. Mentally will be stressful if you plan to breastfeed too and bathing of LO.

Yup, i m intending to diy too. Busier for sure, hence teamwork with spouse is crucial. Communicate and have an agreement from him 1st 😉

Am going to DIY my confinement with the help of my hubby😁