Confinement Tips

Hello everyone. I will be trying to DIY a confinement once I give birth. But contrary to most chinese families, my family does not believe in confinement practices at all. But I have heard many stories from friends and colleagues about the implications in the future if I do not do my confinement properly, I have still decided to do confinement on my own…. Any tips and tricks to follow? E.g. Can i reuse use leftover water from the bathing herbs pail to wash hands? Or must be solely cooled boiled water? What are some must dos and what are some things that are ok not to do? Will have my family to help with anything, but just that they are skeptical and unsure of any traditional practices. #advicepls #thankyou

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m also thinking of DIY ourselves. Hubby says it is a good way to keep us very hands on. I’m probably considering the Confinement food delivery and 28 day TCM herbs both from Thomson. These herbs eliminate the boiling of herbal soups and tea from those TCM halls. And cater to any boiling just for those herbal baths only. Considering between Mdm Partum or Lao Ban Niang. And definitely post partum massages. Just ensure after body touches water, dry it immediately instead of having some dampness lying around the skin. I heard no fan but aircon at 25 degree c. Blow dry hair immediately after shower.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks so much!! Will look into it :)

There are TCM confinement packages available to buy. You can start from researching Thomson medical one. They have 28 day confinement medicine grind into powder, just dissolve into warm water and drink up. Convenient esp for tired mummies. Thomson medical also have confinement food delivery options but not the cheapest around. You can also consider getting post natal massage to help you relax your body and promote healing. Take care! Best to be a bit more careful with your health restoration with the first confinement esp if you want to have number 2/3/4….

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!! :)

my honest advice, invest in a confinement food service if u dont want to spend on confinement nanny...first after giving birth our body is very weak you would not hv enough sleep cause u need to feed the baby every 2 hours. You will also be bleeding .. in confinement u need energy n proper nutrition for you to hv good amount of milk and to heal properly. Do consider all this. ❤

Read more
3y ago

❤❤

Don’t have to follow traditional confinement if you are doing on your own. Shower everyday if you can buy herbal bath online. Blow your hair after bath. Wear long pants if possible. Ask your husband for help. Order Confirement food for a month

3y ago

Thank you!! :)

Just get a confinement nanny. Solve all ur problem