DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

in short, for me and my husband, was yes. we did not hire a confinement nanny, mostly due to cost reason and afraid of crash of ideas with my MIL. Our maid helped washed mine and the baby's clothing (we were told the mommy's clothing and baby's must be washed separately from all other family members). My MIL also taught the maid to prepare basic confinement related dishes and the red date tea. Truth be told, it is very tiring (my friends whom had nannies claimed they did nothing but fed the baby and rested - jealous much!), and to a certain extent, it tested my bond with my husband. Looking back it was crazy, harrowing and scary because half the time we were not sure if we were doing things right?! But we emerged stronger than ever, our LO just turned 19 months 😊

Read more