DIY Confinement

Any mummies her did not engage confinement nanny and DIY your confinement? Is it manageable if it is just you and your husband? I am more keen to DIY confinement myself by ordering confinement food delivery and herbs, etc with 2 considerations -I don’t like the idea of a stranger staying in my house and taking care of my baby and also, to save some money which is about $3500 now. But I have many “advices” saying that I will regret, I will be very tired, my relationship with the husband will be strained, etc...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Definitely possible. But you could use all the help you can get from hubby and in-laws. I didn’t do strict confinement for both my previous deliveries and it did work out fine. No issues so far. TBH, this strict confinement practice is kinda outdated. Of course, as a woman who has carried another human being for 9 months and then delivering this tiny human being into this world, you’d definitely lose strength, so you need lots of rest and proper nutrition to recover. If your husband is willing, then there is no need to bring in a stranger to “boss” (I’ve heard stories) you around, insisting what she believes is right.

Read more