MIL does not show any concerns

Hello mummies and daddies I’m just here to rant so I hope the community don’t mind. It was a unplanned pregnancy from start. My parents weren’t happy at first. 1) ‘MIL’ did not attend wedding of my spouse and I, because they think it’s an inauspicious day. 2) ‘MIL’ did not ask about the baby or my health during pregnancy. She has my number and did not even bother asking. 3) Due to the unplanned pregnancy spouse and I experience financial difficulties, ‘MIL’ did not take part in lightening them, only my mother help me to buy tonics and help alittle with the cost of gynae checkup and scans. 4) ‘MIL’ mentioned to my mom that she can’t help me with confinement either because she is ‘not capable’ So what do you guys think? Will u be mad if she comes and play with ur baby still? And make it all her business to play the nice grandma for your child and I know I’m being selfish but possess the ‘rights’ of spending time with your child as well? FYI: my spouse and I are having breakdowns because I’ve been facing this pregnancy on my own. Baby essentials, he has no part in getting them. Baby checkups, scans and all I’ve been on my own. And plus he owe some favours to my father in monetary terms and has been dragging for so many months now and not yet return. He has made many promises and tell me many beautiful lies but like I’ve said all are lies. Yes we’ve talked but after a few days it all comes back to square ones. So I’ve given up.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

in my point of view, when you and hub decides to keep the baby you guys have the responsibility to take care of the baby tgt. Did you ask your mil for help in financial or waiting for her to help? when you decided to keep the baby and marries to your hub, you have decided he's the one. you both have to work things out together. your mil or your parents is not obligated to help. no matter what happen she's still the grandmother of your baby. do a good example for your kids showing you have a big heart. life can be very tough going through on your own but you will learn how to be strong through this process. and you will know your pillar is your baby.

Read more
3y ago

That’s why I’ve cut cost on a lot. Taking hand me down stuffs. But I feel that she should at least ask. I know there are worst out there. And I am really appreciative and grateful I have a support network from my family.

Just get ur MIL away from ur life la. Thats very straightforward alrdy from all ur points. Never let ur MIL meet ur baby if i were u cause she brings nothing but toxicity. You are the sole protector of your child well being, so u shld know very well what to do. If u can fail this, idk what to say alrdy. Cause idk what else she will feed ur baby with if she ever plays the nice grandma next time.....

Read more
VIP Member

After all these, I don't think it's right to let your MIL even touch or see your baby. I mean, after all these months, not a single concern it's given. So yeah, seen her true self. Not sure why your spouse is reacting that way when he shouldn't be. He should be standing by your side, the baby belongs to him too. Yet he's not involving himself in it.

Read more
3y ago

No he’s not involving himself in any of baby’s matter. I’ve been the one doing everything, all he tell me is oh I’m working hard for ‘our future’ which there’s no ‘our’ in the near future. Never spends time to accompany me to the clinic, never help me to get anything that I need for the baby. And I can’t stand his lies. He claim that has money to support but is not giving me any allowance. And recently I just found out he invested a huge sum of money with his partner which I not sure if it’s true. Because like I said he likes to feed me with lies more then he can put food on the table. U could’ve use it to support me and the family, return your debts instead of investing every single penny.

VIP Member

Sabar ye. Apa apa pon doa yamg bebaik. Semoga MIL awk tu berubah

3y ago

Thank u sis.saya tidak fikir MIL akan berubah,tapi Saya doa allah menolong saya melalui ini.