My bb is 6 months old now. Should I feed him with porridge or rice cereal? Thank you!

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My boy is 6 months old too! I would say whichever works for you - or in fact - both! My nieces and nieces in law grew up on both. Only concern about cereal is that some children may have constipation from it so I dilute it slightly more and try to feed a bit of water (1 few spoons - but it drips out most). When i have the chance to and the help to clean up etc - I give my boy porridge - u can start w plain porridge first then later add blended broccoli or carrot in. When we go out or to my parents/Pil place, I will use the rice cereal or store bought organic purée or purée something simple like avocado/banana/sweet potatoe/carrot etc Just remember to follow the rule of new food every 3-4 days so that it keep things interesting and help u spot allergy if any. So that means varying the flavors of purée, cereal, porridge I have a slight preference for cereal as it contains the iron etc that the child needs. So I will use it every now and then Some people will complain abt cereal a lot of sugar or not nutritional but that cannot be further away from the truth - it is a tested child product and they need the sugar for energy. Porridge is also sugar by the way. Explore and may both of u have fun on this journey of food discovery

Read more
8y ago

👌