I always crave for soda 😭 my MIL it can cause baby born with autism...

Since forever, I've loved drinking soda. But since I got pregnant, many people have been advising against it 😭 It's really torturous; I even once slammed my soda can down when my husband caught me about to drink it. He immediately threw away all the soda in the fridge. My mother-in-law said drinking soda during pregnancy could cause the baby to be born autistic. I don't believe it at all. Where did she even hear such nonsense? Can you believe that just a drink can cause autism? Has anyone ever heard of that?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Autism has nth to do with soda.. but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with gestational diabetes instead. Would be good to cut down on that. Maybe try those Vitamin C tablets that dissolves in water? A little gassy like soda, but not very gassy. I have unhealthy cravings too. But use ur baby as ur motivation!! Stay healthy with occasional cheat day. 😂😂

Read more

I drink soda+lemon the moment I wake up for the first three months to cope with nausea and all. Like you, bbt is so hard to quit and felt torturous too so after getting rly upset for not having it, I just reduce to 1 per day and half cup instead of finishing it. makes my whole pregnancy happier!

My mum had very severe nausea when pregnant with me, for a period of time she drank lots of Coke as it’s the only thing she can drink without vomiting. I turned out just fine haha. I also drank soda from time to time during pregnancy and my baby is perfectly healthy.

Coba pakai produknya mama's choice bun. https://shope.ee/9KLw1ZdiEL . Produknya sudah sesuai anjuran IDAI dan FDA, 100% aman. Bisa cek langsung di tokonya >> https://shope.ee/9KLw1ZdiEL , lagi ada free gift barang seharga 87.000 dan voucher diskon 100.000 bun. 5241706

No such thing... baby is not so fragile unless you're diagnosed with high risk pregnancy... they are stronger and more resilient than we think. Everything in moderation is key. Can drink if you like but of course don't drink it for three meals everyday kind ah....

Lime soda was one of the few drinks I could take when I was in my first and 2nd trimester.. water made me puke. My baby is now a happy and healthy toddler! However, there is sodium in the soda so do try to take in moderation. JIA YOU!!

Read more

According to deiticians at the hospital, they allow up to 2 cans of caffeinated soft drinks per day. I've 1.5L of coke bottles in my fridge, I believe there are days I drank more than the 2 cans limit.. But all is well so far..

Huh why old people always anyhow or theyre the one with autism lol. I just take everything in moderation. I drink soda hut in moderation. Not because of autism or whatever, but for my own health too

I drink soda water throughout my both pregnancy coz it helps me reduce my nausea and morning sickness feelings. My babies are healthy and normal. so I believe it is safe to drink soda water :)

how about getting your own soda water maker? that is simply infusing your plain water with carbon dioxide to make it fizzy. should be much safer than soda water.