Hi mummies Can breastfeeding mum drinks Redoxon Vitamin Thank You

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Though, Vitamin C won't harm your kid in anyway while you are breastfeeding but they may cause unpleasant side-effects. But you must keep a check on how much of it you are taking. The recommended dosage for a breastfeeding woman is 120mg a day. And if you take more than this, it is unlikely to harm your baby in anyway, but you may lead to upset stomach, flatulence. Also, having extra dosage of Vitamin C is sheer wastage of money as kidneys simply remove the excess from the body. http://www.livestrong.com/article/468962-what-does-high-vitamin-c-while-breastfeeding-do/

Read more
8y ago

Which mean i cant drink redoxon as is indicate the each tablet contains vit C 1000mg

Yes you can but pls consume in moderation. Our body can control the amount of vitamin c that gets into breastmilk. The recommended intake of vitamin c daily for women is 85-120mg. Taking into consideration vitamin c and also be found in natural foods like citrus fruits , be careful that you don't take in too much.excess vitamin C will cause side effects like diarrhea, stomach upset and excessive gas. The kidney also will dispel the extra vitamin C.

Read more
8y ago

Which mean i cant drink redoxon as is indicate the each tablet contains vit C 1000mg?

Actually i'm taking redoxon the effervescent type 1 tab every morning .. is it okay with tat dose?my gal only 4 mths old .

VIP Member

Should be fine

Yes can

Super Mum

Yes:)

Yes

TapFluencer

Yes

VIP Member

Yess of course; support our immune system