Supplements to take during pregnancy

Is it ok to take Caltrate as a form of calcium supplement and Redoxon as a form of Vitamin C intake during pregnancy?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The main idea of supplements is to ensure you get the nutrients you need if your diet is not nutritious enough. So on top of taking supplements, do remember to eat a healthy diet. :) I think Caltrate and redoxon is ok to take, as long as you aren’t allergic to the ingredients and not taking extra similar vitamins because overdosing on vitamins is not good for your body. However, because Redoxon has added aspartame iirc, i would rather go for a vitamin with no added artificial sweetener. Do take folic acid too, you can get from pharmacy. Prenatal DHA is also good. If you are feeling weak/giddy, take iron supplements as well as your body needs to produce more red blood cells during pregnancy. Lastly, always check with your doc to be safe!

Read more
VIP Member

If u want calcium is best to drink milk instead, ur body absorb better by drinking milk instead. Take in more fruits for vitamin C. 1 cup of orange juice is enough too. Supplements usually i will get from gynae, that is 1 that consist of all the vitamin that we needed. And fish oil. And it’s more than enough.

Read more
VIP Member

Caltrate is fine. As for supplements like Vit C it's best to take those prescribed by your gynae;)