Staying alone

Hi mummies, my baby is now 2 weeks. Anyone like me as my hubby is back to work so usually the whole day is just me and baby. Do u have a feeling of being lonely, sad?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes it does feel lonely and isolated. Having friends / fellow mummies as support really helps, even if it’s just over WhatsApp. It’s also a lot of adjustment for mummies, because suddenly our lives revolve around the baby, we are not working, no social life, lack of sleep. Hang in there!!! It will get better over time :))) find things to do that will bring you joy - be it reading, eating good food, watching dramas!

Read more
4y ago

I’m not sure for now. But in the past on FB, I would join those mummies groups, then ask if there are mummies with similar EDDs who are keen to form a WhatsApp group. I was lucky to find one during my first pregnancy - and it really helped me tide over those sleepless nights.

Hey, Yes it is completely normal to feel this way, but don't be too hard on your self. Try packing your weekdays with outdoor activities with your baby. Also, speak to your husband about how you feel and I am sure by sharing this with your husband, he will be also able to help and you will feel better :)

Read more

I feel you. Try to get help (need not be everyday full day) or have visitors sometimes so that at least sometimes it’s not just you alone all the time. Or if possible, bring baby out once a while so that at least you get out of the house for fresh air and not feel so trapped at home.

Super Mum

Try to connect with other mummies on fb group? Also can watch tv, YouTube or other activities you like to do to keep yourself entertained. Baby is still young so better don’t go out to much first although a bit of morning walk will be good for you both.

VIP Member

I feel you. It’s normal to feel sad and lonely. Your hormones are still regulating too. Try to stay positive about the situation, look on the bright side and see if you can get some help from your family or friends? Remember that you are not alone!!!

Yes especially that u are adjusting to the new set up.. You will be very exhausted but if ur hubby gets back from work try to grab some rest and dont be to hard in urself.. If baby resting take some nap as well.

TapFluencer

I bring baby out for morning/evening walk, sometimes will bring him out pick up his papa.. try find some activities so that you won't feel lonely

VIP Member

It's normal to feel this way... Do try and pack your weekends with activities, like getting your family to visit you or vice versa...Take care!

U r not alone dear. My hubby always on business trip. I take care my 5 months old baby alone day and night. No one stay with us.

VIP Member

You can consider going to your parents or parents in law house during the day and return home when your hubby’s home