Low supply mum

Hi mummies, my baby is 3 months old and due to irregular pumping my supply is very Low which I yield about 20ml total or even less for each session. Basically My frequency from 6 times a day to 1-2 times a day. And I’ve stopped for few days now. Does any mummies here , have tried to start back pumping again? Is it too late? Any advise on increasing yield? I am still considering whether to stop pumping and just go with fully FM as starting work soon. But I keep having this thoughts running in my head like I feel bad for not able to give my LO breast milk and a part of me telling myself formula is good for baby too as long baby is healthy , happy and safe

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t feel bad, babe! As long as baby is fed, it’s all good. I used to pump my milk in the day and latch at night until covid striked me, and my supply stopped despite my efforts to pump. Baby was just 3 months old. Baby wouldn’t blame you for feeding them 100% formula. At the end of the day, they just need food to sustain them, just like us. :)

Read more
2y ago

Thanks babe! 🥹 omg thankfully you are well recovered 🤗 going back to work soon 🥹 thank you for the words of encouragement heheh