Low supply mum

Hi mummies, my baby is 3 months old and due to irregular pumping my supply is very Low which I yield about 20ml total or even less for each session. Basically My frequency from 6 times a day to 1-2 times a day. And I’ve stopped for few days now. Does any mummies here , have tried to start back pumping again? Is it too late? Any advise on increasing yield? I am still considering whether to stop pumping and just go with fully FM as starting work soon. But I keep having this thoughts running in my head like I feel bad for not able to give my LO breast milk and a part of me telling myself formula is good for baby too as long baby is healthy , happy and safe

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Maybe you can consider giving formula for day time, then latch baby / pump at night after work? (Last milk will be bm before bed). I believe most of us are formula fed including myself, we all grow up strong and healthy so don’t feel bad. Drink more water, try milk boosters like legendairymilk, lactation cookies/tea. Include power pumping in your pump schedule. If you want to build up the milk, really got to diligently pump… Cause the lesser the demand, the lesser the supply. And if anyone says anything bad about formula feeding or blames you for it, please ask them to zip it. Formula or bm, all is good milk as long as it can keep baby well fed 😊

Read more
2y ago

Hehe thank you so mummy dear for the words of encouragement 🤗 I have decided to stop pumping once I go back to work. And fully feed FM heheh ur right , as long baby is growing up strong and healthy which matters 🤗

Don’t feel bad, babe! As long as baby is fed, it’s all good. I used to pump my milk in the day and latch at night until covid striked me, and my supply stopped despite my efforts to pump. Baby was just 3 months old. Baby wouldn’t blame you for feeding them 100% formula. At the end of the day, they just need food to sustain them, just like us. :)

Read more
2y ago

Thanks babe! 🥹 omg thankfully you are well recovered 🤗 going back to work soon 🥹 thank you for the words of encouragement heheh

I have trouble with milk production. 😖 i didnt breastmilk my son in the beginning. He’s my first child. Now i’m struggling to produce more. Tired so many lactation products and not much improvement. 😭

2y ago

Same like meeee , in the start I rarely let me lo latch, and I started pumping when I have serious engorgement 😭 then I guess irregular pumping also contributes to my Low supply. I feel you mummy , cheer up 🤗 I may stop pumping when I go back to work. And will feed fully FM 🤗 hope all goes well for u