breastfeeding

Hi mummies . Is anyone having difficulties in breastfeeding the baby. My baby is just 7 days he is not taking my milk. When I breastfed him he cry and don't like to suck. Please help me.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s normal. Newborn babies are very sleepy. Maybe you can try massaging your breast and hand express a bit of milk before you latch him. That might entice him to suck. You may need to check how you hold him and position properly so that he can latch well. You can also consider getting a nursing pillow or use a pillow when you feed him, to support him to reach your breast level. Do remember to monitor that he is peeing and pooing enough which means he is taking in enough milk. If he still doesn’t suck well, you can try consulting a lactation consultation to check if he has a tongue tie. Don’t worry! Just keep trying. Don’t give up.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

It's okay mommy, don't be disheartened. Baby needs time to settle in and get the correct position. Meanwhile, you can store and bottle feed him :)

You can try using a nipple shield.. worked for me n my LO since he doesnt latch well/sustain to latching..

VIP Member

My baby didn’t like to latch for 2 months. But I still randomly try to latch and alas! She took to latching.

Hey, I think you should keep trying as the baby is also getting used to it. So do not worry about it

It takes time. Don’t get disheartened and just keep trying. :)

VIP Member

You can do it! Keep trying! 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽

Keep trying Eventually will latch

VIP Member

keep trying, will succeed one day

VIP Member

Pls see a lactation consultant.