Hi mummies, anyone experiencing hair fall? When i was preg and after delivery i didnt have much hair fall. However, nw with no2(5mths), i experience very scary hair fall. The age gap between no1 and no2 is 8mths. Can i go for treatment or anything? What have ur done to control or lessen the hairfall? Thanks.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. There is nothing that will guarantee the improvement. It's hormonal changes and every one is slightly different. Generally hair does not fall during pregnancy and will start to fall abt 4+months for as long as u are breastfeeding and a while more as it is linked to prolactin (they didn't tell u huh). But because now u pregnant again, the hormones and the hair fall cycle is messed up again. U just have to wait it out. Some pple literally become bald or even drop fingernails. U can try those phyto shampoo or treatment or whatever but the help they can give is only going to be marginal yar. I also experiencing a lot of hair fall.

Read more

Yes!!! The amount of hair i drop is unbelievable. I thought i was balding. But thats not true. Its due to the hormones changing. Take it that you are dropping hair for the past 9months as well.

VIP Member

It's the hormones changes that your body is going through. It will eventually get better once your LO turns about 1yo.

7y ago

No... im currently preg with no2. During no1 pregnancy till after baby is 8mths, i did not experience any hairfal at all. I am encountering serious hairfall now.