Should I not divorce for the sake of our child?

Hi mummies, after multiple incidents of family violence and seeking help, nothing much has changed. In face things got worse. My in laws don't even let me carry my own child. I have been thinking about divorce for quite sometime. Any suggestions mummies? My son is still a toddler hence I'm very hesitant to make my next move.. What should I do?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't stay for the sake of your child. You will never be happy that way. You're lying to yourself and also your son. I've been in an abusive relationship way before we got married. Even his family is toxic. We only lasted for less than a year in our marriage & I was already pregnant with his child. 2 police reports made against him + PPO to protect myself and my son. He can't come near us. My son has not even met his father till today. Glad I decided to run out that day and never turn back. Happily married to my now husband for 15 yrs today. My advice - move on & never look back. The journey will be tough but when you look at your child, you just know that you need to move on and be happy. Remind yourself of how you were being treated and love yourself more than others. Your mental health is always a priority. Again, never stay in an unhealthy marriage for the sake of your child. Will never do you any good.

Read more