Should I not divorce for the sake of our child?

Hi mummies, after multiple incidents of family violence and seeking help, nothing much has changed. In face things got worse. My in laws don't even let me carry my own child. I have been thinking about divorce for quite sometime. Any suggestions mummies? My son is still a toddler hence I'm very hesitant to make my next move.. What should I do?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is your husband the one causing violence? Does he protect u and reason with his parents? If he’s violent and does not reason for you, then yes leave him. But gotta make sure u have or find enough resources to raise the kid.

Do not stay for the sake of your child. What kind of environment do you want your child to grow up in? Will the violence be inflicted on your child too? I'm sure your child will understand why you made that choice.

IMO what you are facing now is unhealthy in a long run.. You shouldn’t get tied down with options because of your son. Be brave and think what’s best for you and ur son. Don’t give up!

Im in the midst of divorce with my husband and my edd is early may been doin everything on my with my 3 toddler, moving on is hard but sometimes its the best option rather then suffer

How can u let ur in laws decide about YOUR child? Time to grow a backbone and protect ur own baby as a mother and leave that place

I think you need to elaborate more. Who’s the abusive one? In law or hubby? If in laws, ur hubby shld help u If it’s hubby, run.