3rd trimester emotions

hi mummies is 3rd trimester depression a thing? i feel like towards the third trimester i get really affected by everything. ive been arguing alot w my family and crying alot to my husband. i can cry just random times of the day sometimes even while taking care of my toddler i can just burst out crying over something that idk seems petty to others but sensitive to me. and i get angry too easily as well. my emotions are all over the place. i dont find joy in watching movies or netflix my attention span is like not there. sometimes im scrolling through my phone but my mind is either blank or elsewhere. i cant even sleep well at night. i ended up deactivating my social media and staying away from everyone because im just that emotionally unstable. i tried to do things that makes me happy but i dont find joy in it. first pregnancy was like this too but it wasnt as hard dealing w it as it is this time round. is this normal? i used to be able to nap it off but now i have an active 18 months old to care for daily.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yup pretty normal. Before pregnant I was also depressed alr (not clinically diagnosed though) so it was worse for me during pregnancy. I just sleep every weekend during afternoon without caring about my toddler. I don’t even talk to my second baby. 33 weeks now