Worried

My mum has been helping to take care of my baby for a few months as I have a toddler as well. Recently my father has contracted Tuberculosis and needs to be on medication for at least 6 months. As they are living together, my mum needs to go for screening as well. For now I’ve asked my mum not to come my house temporary until her screening is done and shows no sign of Tuberculosis. My concern is that during the 6 months I’m worried that my mum will be careless sometimes and forget about the hygiene and safety precautions from my father and still coming to help me take care of baby. I’m feeling so stressed about this as I really need help with the kids. My LO are 2yrs old and 6months old. Appreciate some replies.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you believe your mom will be forgetful about hygiene and it's best you find a nanny rather than putting your lo in danger. Plus, your mom also needs to take care of your father. I think it will be stressful for her to take care of two people and at times this might lead to be forgetful as she will be tired. I know it must be tiring and you must be so exhausted but try to find other help to help lessen your responsibilities.

Read more

Get a helper or put your kids in infant care / child care. Let you mum take care of your Dad.