My mother doesnt really like my husband

My mother doesnt really like my husband because my husband is quiet and doesnt really talk to her. My husband is also poor while most of her friends' son-in-laws are doing business or having a high pay salary. She always mentioned "your husband" despite of calling his name. I dont know what should I do. Sigh. I even asked her just now, if she doesnt like him. But she said she was just saying. To my mum, husband should be the one providing everything to me even all of his salary. But to my husband, he will just give the portion of the necessities to me, he wont give it all. I might bad but sometimes I felt my mum abit "looking at $" type. Even though I am not working and my husband is the one providing us, I am still giving her monthly expenses using my own savings (my dad not ard anymore) I just need to share as this has been in my heart for so long and I cant even share to anyone in my family (probably to my baby only).

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My husband always says that I'll be a bad mom and mother in law to a certain extend maybe your mom feels that you deserve better? Afterall as moms don't we all want the best and only the best for our kids.