Keep losing weight

My morning (all day) sickness is so soo bad. I've been on diclectin and it has been making me sleep throughout. I can't even eat proper food. Can't even have protein (white/red meat or fish). Only carb. I feel so guilty for not giving enough nutrition for my baby. And within 2 weeks, I've lost 2kg. Im at my 9weeks now. Is this even normal? 😢

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During first trimester baby is still very small, so not to worry. You will gain back your appetite in Trimester 2 or mid trimester 2. I lost 4kg during 1st trimester from vomiting. just make sure u are not dehydrated and remember to take ur folic acid supplement. Take small meals every few hours, biscuits or snacks and fruits. For me Udon is the only food (and apples) that makes me less nauseous and kept me full during 1st trimester. Avocado milk shakes also works wonders for me. Meat especially fish and chicken makes me vomit even more. I only gained back the weight that i’ve lost at mid of trimester 2, and finally gained 3kg now beginning of trimester 3.

Read more