Hello! I’m a FTM and I’ve been having bad nausea and some days I can’t even eat anyth w/o vomiting. What should I do?

I’ve been feeling very sick recently and can’t keep food down, can’t finish food, sometimes can’t even eat. I’m taking dilectin but the nausea and vomiting is still there. I am a teacher, so it really affects my work. What should I do? I’m at week 10. Please help!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there! for me, i rejected everything too. i cnnt smell and eat anyyyything till close to end 2nd trimester. everything goes out like a merlion. no meds helped a single bit. but i jz keep myself hydrated enough. what helped abit and for a short while (which im very thankful for) is to eat cold apples and sometimes cold oranges) my nausea was 24/7 btw. so no remedy lasts for me. but it helps abit. jia you and take care!!

Read more
2y ago

Thanks so much for this!! 🥰🥰 I’m doing more milo now. Will try cold fruits!

Hello there! Im experiencing the same problem too. I ate really small meal every 2-3hours throughout the day and drink milo if cant get anything down. bread works well for me so you could try! I cant keep rice down so I can only take 3-5 bites when Im craving for rice! Else try honey ginger tea, I dont drink at all before preg but now I could and it helps to soothe the nausea! hope it helps :)

Read more
2y ago

Will try the ginger tea!! Thank you 🥰

Diclectin didn’t work for me too. I would wake up every night to dry retch/ throw up stomach acid. Making you can try taking buns/ bread/ smoothies and milo. Those were the only things i could eat without throwing up from week 6 to 16. Still having morning sickness at week 21 but thankfully can stomach more things now.

Read more
3y ago

Thanks for the help! Oh no. Hope you feel much better soon!

Hi Nicole, I am a teacher and I can totally feel you. I was like you during my first trimester. I drank Milo to give myself some energy to go through the day. You may want to try too. take care!:)

3y ago

Ah thank you! In fact, I am drinking milo right now! I was told by my colleague not to take coffee because it will make me feel better for a while and then sick again later. Thank you for this tip! Will continue doing this then 😅😄

maybe u can take small meals and some sour/sweets to aid through this period? if smell can help, maybe can standby some essential oil (mild one) too

3y ago

Thanks for this! Still trying to find essential oil that I can smell :( I’ve turned down lavender when it used to be my favourite smell! Thank you!

I also had terrible morning sickness. At last my doctor gave some medicine to me.

3y ago

Was it anything other than dilectin?