Keep losing weight

My morning (all day) sickness is so soo bad. I've been on diclectin and it has been making me sleep throughout. I can't even eat proper food. Can't even have protein (white/red meat or fish). Only carb. I feel so guilty for not giving enough nutrition for my baby. And within 2 weeks, I've lost 2kg. Im at my 9weeks now. Is this even normal? 😢

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s quite normal to lose weight during the 1st trimester. I lost 4kg for my 1st trimester due to morning sickness and it continued to the whole of my 2nd trimester, taking Diclectin up till week 30. Same like u, I grew dislike for meat (regardless of red/white or fish), garlic/onion smell, cooking smell.. the only things I could take was fruits, carbs, sweet stuff and dried stuff like nuts and crackers. But later on I was diagnosed with GDM at week 27, which I had to force myself to eat healthy. Till now I still wonder if I had eaten healthier, could I have avoided getting GDM.. From then on, I didn’t gain back any weight and was in deficit from my pre-pregnancy weight. Raised that up to doctor and they assure that it’s all good as long as baby is healthy and growing well. So my suggestion is to take your vitamins and try to eat healthier in 2nd trimester onwards. Take baby steps to re-introduce more variety of food into your meals.

Read more

hi there, it is quite common to experience weight loss during the first trimester due to morning sickness and poor appetite. I also lost about 3kg between my 6 to 9 weeks appt. I've a friend who lost 7kg for the whole of her 1st trimester but she did catch up on the weight and nutrition subsequently and all was good. My gynae mentioned that there is no need worry about with losing some weight in the first trimester as it is quite common unless you're really vomiting to the extend that you're dehydrated. I also was only able to eat small meals and crackers.. anything meaty or healthy doesn't appeal to me and makes me sick. But once it gets better in the 2nd trimester, you should be able to eat better and hopefully gain all the nutrition back. Jiayou and take care..!!

Read more

During first trimester baby is still very small, so not to worry. You will gain back your appetite in Trimester 2 or mid trimester 2. I lost 4kg during 1st trimester from vomiting. just make sure u are not dehydrated and remember to take ur folic acid supplement. Take small meals every few hours, biscuits or snacks and fruits. For me Udon is the only food (and apples) that makes me less nauseous and kept me full during 1st trimester. Avocado milk shakes also works wonders for me. Meat especially fish and chicken makes me vomit even more. I only gained back the weight that i’ve lost at mid of trimester 2, and finally gained 3kg now beginning of trimester 3.

Read more

It is normal. My sister was vomiting to the day she gave birth. Make sure you take your prenatal vitamins daily. First thing the in the morning have a dry cracker anything that is dry enough to absorb your saliva. Try an orange salad boiled kale, squeeze liquid, dress kale in olive oil and salt. Add slice orange add some nuts for dinner. Keep portion small and eat regularly.

Read more