Feeling down. Need some mummies support.

My first pregnancy was pretty smooth. I had gastric pain and morning sickness too. But not as bad as this pregnancy. First tri, my morning sickness was so bad that I got admitted to hospital. It was so bad that it become gastric issue. I eat separate 6-7 meals everyday. But all the meals quantity add up to one meal quantity only. As I only eat 2 bites every meal. I'm alr 12wks preg. But my condition still doesnt improve. sweet, salty, sour. Nth helps with morning sickness. I feel so 崩溃。Gastric issue for one mth alr. My body feels weak. I can't help with hse works or my first born. Hubby say it's okay. I can't control it. Is not like i choose to make myself unwell. Morning sickness cant be control. But i still feel so guilty not being able to do more. Feels like my health is at the edge alr. Doctor say I'm malnutrition and i can't lose anymore weight. Less than 2 mths i lost 7kg. I feel so helpless. Idk how to increase my appetite... I eat, i vomit. Even drink water also vomit. Vitamin B doesnt help. Even western med for vomitting. I really dk what to do alr...

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy. I totally feel you. this is also my 2nd pregnancy and it's totally diff from my 1st! the vomiting is so so much worse!! I was asked to bed rest since finding out I was preg cos gynae says there's a huge blood clot in my uterus. 2 weeks later, my whole family got C+ one after another. afterwhich I had a super bad case of vomiting and dizziness and had to be admitted due to dehydration. I would even vomit when I drink plain water!! so I have basically been resting at home the last 2mths. I feel totally useless! fast forward to now, I'm abt 13 weeks and the vomiting is getting better. I vomit 2 to 3 times a day but can have lunch and breakfast. dinners will come out. try eating super blend foods like oats and plain biscuits. tomatoes works for me. so pasta w tomatoe sauce or tomato soup. most impt stay hydrated. I can't drink plain water so i put a slice of lemon in. I hope this helps u and hang in there! it will get better mummy!

Read more

if gastric are u taking Omeprazole? it helped me trnendously after all the terrible feeling and vomiting and nausea and feeling light headed all..couldn't eat much too but after Omeprazole I managed to eat more and gotten more active doing housework all at 14wks on. now at 26wks I realize that the moment I indulge, I have to get ready for acid reflux. or indigestion. so go slow or even go Abit longer on hunger. at least my system got time to slowly absorb the food.

Read more

what type of meal u take? for my first pregnancy and current 2nd pregnancy, my meal didn't change. I eat like McDonald's, kfc,chicken chop , spaghetti, mala,tom yum , hokkien mee,rojak,laksa,bbq seafood , bubble tea almost everyday and many many more. I never take pregnancy supplements given by gynae. baby born out healthy and never over weight. And my 8m boy eat anything n everything. not picky on food. appetite very good also... eat non stop.

Read more

Omggg I feel you!!! I was puking every half an hour during my first trim the few times to once a day all the way till mid of 3rd trim or smth then stop vomiting but still feel constant nausea. I took anti puke meds from DR it helped. And I also put a clothes peg kiap my nose when I eat or drink. Hang in there it will get better if all else fails can go hosp for drip a lot of ppl after drip feel less nausea

Read more

big hugs 🤗! I hear you! I had a really bad gastric problem as well, I've been prescribed omelozone, gavicson and femotidin. now I'm 25 weeks, still taking gavicson and omelozone once in a while. In the 1st trimester, I'd only eat clear and plain potato soup and carrots! your doctor should refer you to gastroenterology or even admit you to the hospital. hanging there!!

Read more

Mayb haven find the right kind of food? I’m 6mths still vomit n nausea on some days. Try Pasta / tomato soup/ minestone if its help. Yes light meals is fine so long you still eating. Theres organic tomato water. Or ribena (less sugar). Tcm i think pao sheng with ginger add to boil water n drink it warm. Hopefully any of these could help.

Read more

hello fellow mommy, just wanna say jiayou.. I know its tough but if nothing really helps, you just try to get more rest, don't be stressed about not being able to do more during this period and seek support from your hubs or closed ones. Hoping that things will get better for you soon. Take care!

2y ago

Thank you :)

Hello mummy. Its my first pregnancy and even though my morning sickness is not as serious as yours, i want to say jiayou! Maybe you can try drinking milo if you really cannot take any solid food. Did your gynae give you any advice? Take it easy on yourself mama, take more rest when you need to.

2y ago

Only say is normal. No choice.

For my wife it was quite bad in 1st Tri until we asked Dr for Diclectin. 2-4 pills a day and it was a little better. 2nd Tri she was off Diclectin. Not sure if you have tried Diclectin, else it's worth a try. Or you may need something stronger?

hello mummy, please stay strong. i had to be admitted last week due to the vomitting too. my gynae said its normal, means your body is accepting the fact tht the baby is there! its a good thing to be vomitting frequently!