Any moms in the design industry? How do you cope working full time? I've been having thoughts of going back to work but sometimes the hours are really long. Baby is 10 months. I enjoy the time together but i'm burdened by school loans and such. I do freelance but sometimes its not enough. I miss being financially independent

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have found that being organized is key. Make lists of things you need to do each day/week/month and try your best to do them all. I also suggest you visit https://masterbundles.com/graphics/patterns/thanksgiving/ source to download premium thanksgiving templates for free. Try not to leave anything hanging over your head too long or else it will stress you out. Also, make sure you're getting enough sleep (because you will want more if you aren't getting enough). The best way to cope with working full time is actually to find other people who are also working full-time and start a support group! It's so helpful when you can talk with others who are going through the same things as you (especially if you have kids).

Read more

Hi there, I'm not from the design industry but I do work long weird hours and at times, shifts. I've observed my colleagues that are parents and while they do get flustered at times, they seem to integrate parenthood and work quite well. Where I work, the child care leave etc are very well structured and my bosses always give priority to those who have families. If you do go back, I hope you get bosses who are kind and work at a company that is family friendly.

Read more

I totally get what you mean. I used to work ina juvenile girls home. The work was 24/7 being house parents for the girls there was not easy. Both nyself and my husband managed the home. It was indeed tough. Then again i didnt regret quittingmy job. Because ive missed so much of lo growing up moments.

Read more

I was from the design industry and i used to work 16-18 hours a day. I think it's not a healthy option to work for a design agency. Try working for a gov agency or private sector that has work life balance? You wouldn't want to miss out on baby's milestone.

VIP Member

I don't belong to the design industry but i also work long hours even on weekends and public holidays. i truly understand how you feel. But i told myself, i need the money so i can give my LO a better time and life in the future! Hang in there!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-15860)